Carrying to Term After a Fatal In-Utero Diagnosis
www.thehavennetwork.org (Northern Illinois’ perinatal hospice and bereavement center)
www.poorprenataldiagnosis.com (information on various diagnosis’)
Making Memories During Pregnancy:
- Tell your baby how much you love them.
- Do a maternity shoot.
- Eat “kids” foods (like mac and cheese, chicken nuggets etc.) and your favorite foods so your baby can try them.
- Include your baby in Holidays.
- Visit Santa Claus.
- Go on special trips and take lots of pictures and even video – Sports games, the zoo, a play, etc.
- Record your baby’s heartbeat.
- Read children’s books and/or Bible stories to your baby.
- Write to your baby.
- Talk to your baby.
- Continue taking belly picture and/or weekly “how big is baby” pictures.
- Play music for your baby.
- Take pictures and video of family activities and celebrations.
- Make something special for your baby – Scrapbook, Christmas stocking, blanket, etc.