Taking Care of You
Drying Up or Donating Your Milk:
**Always talk to your doctor before taking any medications and follow their instructions.**
Drying Up Your Milk-
- Ice Packs
- Supportive Tight Bra (Wear it day and night)
- Do not allow hot water to hit your breasts when showering
- Sage Tea
- Peppermint Tea
- B6 vitamins
- Cold Cabbage Leaves
Donating Your Milk-
- Start a journal or blog
- Write letters or notes to your baby
- Write a poem or song
- Name your baby
- Volunteer or donate in memory of your baby
- Make something for your baby (blanket, Christmas stocking etc.)
- Plant a tree or a garden
- Celebrate your baby’s due date
- Celebrate every month of your baby’s first year
- Celebrate your baby’s birthday
– with a personalized cake
– a balloon release
– light a candle
– with your families over dinner
– a lantern release
Take Time to Relax:
- Take a warm bath. Have candles around the tub and use lavender scents.
- Enjoy a hot cup of tea or coffee or hot chocolate.
- Take a nice walk.
- Curl up in your favorite spot with a book and a cup of coffee or tea.
- Indulge in a special treat.
- Give yourself a manicure.
- Watch your favorite movie.
- Listen to your favorite music.
- Take a few minutes to just breath.
- Watch the sunrise or sunset.
- Take yoga.
- Get a massage.
- Watch and look at the beautiful nature.
- Read your favorite magazines.
- Light your favorite candles.